Skip to main content

Winter is Finally Here: Game of Thrones Final Season Premiere

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE YET TO SEE THE EPISODE.

After waiting for over a year, Winter finally came for us! I’ve never been this excited about a TV series as I am about Game of Thrones. I always ask myself how a show can be this good and have such a great effect on millions of people all over the world. Before the finale premiered, I made sure I saw the entire 7th & 1st seasons again and random episodes from the 2nd to 6th seasons and it made me understand so many things more than I did when I watched it at first. There were so many things that were said in the first season about the undead, the mad king and Ned Stark’s sister Lyanna that definitely went over my head. Watching it a second time gave me proper understanding and I’m so glad I did. One particular scene that stood out for me was when an old lady told a recently crippled Bran about The Undead and he only thought they were scary stories but I really listened to what she said again and now it makes a lot of sense. Watching Season 1 and now season 8 and thinking about how far these characters have come fills me with more emotions than I can explain. The first scene with Jon and Dany riding into Winterfell reminded me of Robert, Cersei and Jamie riding into Winterfell in episode one. So much has changed for these characters and a lot of the northerners especially Lady Stark herself, Sansa don’t trust Daenerys and they don’t understand why Jon would bring her to the North but they have no idea what’s at stake so they’re allowed to feel that way. All the reunions made me emotional but none made me as emotional as Jon and Arya. I was really looking forward to seeing that and I’m not ashamed to say I shed a tear. 
A significant moment in the episode was Jon and Dany’s ride on her Dragons. We saw how the Dragons responded to Jon last season. They haven’t responded to anyone like that before. Jon has no idea what that means and he’ll only start to think about all of this now that he knows the truth about his real parents. This is a really sticky situation and I feel bad for Jon because he’s obviously in love with Daenerys and he wants her to be Queen but he has to deal with this news somehow. It was perhaps a good idea for Sam to tell Jon that he was the true heir in this episode because it wouldn’t make any sense waiting any longer. We’ve been waiting for 7 years for this moment and Jon Bradley and Kit Harrington did a great job with that scene.

Many underestimated you. Most of them are dead now
Cersei is up to more schemes and Euron thinks he’s going to put a prince in her. The fact that she’s already planning to murder her brothers  is no surprise. It’s only shocking that she’s actually planning to murder Jamie, her one true love. 
Sansa and Tyrion’s reunion was something I also looked forward to. There were so many lines in that scene that’ll probably end up being two of my favorites this season. There was something about Sansa in this episode, she looked so regal and beautiful and she's so much smarter than she was in the previous seasons. I would be too after spending time with Cersei and Ramsay, two of the most evil characters in King's Landing. Jamie finally rode north and he was welcomed with a very icy stare from Bran. He almost killed him 7 seasons ago so I’m pretty sure he’s expecting the worst from The Starks. I’m looking forward to what Daenerys would do to him seeing as he was the one who killed The Mad King, her father.

You might be the most arrogant man I've ever met. I like it
`This episode was all about reunions. Jon and Arya, Jon and Bran, Jon and Sam, Sansa and Tyrion and one of my favourites, Jaimie and Bran. Just like the past seasons, episode one was more of a table setting for what’s to come in the next few episodes. This show has been so consistent from season one to seven and the fact that it’ll come to an end in five weeks is something I don’t think I’m ready to accept. The dead are marching south and winter is finally here....


Here's a preview of Episode 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUITS: Season 6 finale

        The 6th season of suits has been quite an emotional one with Mike's would be wedding with Rachel, his going to Prison and Rachel's death row case. Death row cases can get really sad especially if the suspect is innocent which was the case of Leonard Bailey (Glenn Plummer) who was accused of murdering two people. After staying behind bars for 12 years, Leonard Bailey was finally exonerated with the help of Rachel and Jessica (Gina Torres). During this episode, a major character said goodbye to the show. Gina Torres decided to leave Suits to film another TV Show 'Catch' and it was quite emotional. This episode showed a different side of Jessica Pearson, she put her pro Bono case first before the firm and fought for the freedom of Leonard Bailey.          Gina Torres will no longer be a series regular and I was happy her character wasn't killed off like Will Gardner in the Good Wife, (I cried for two episodes straight) which means

Review- Who's The Boss (2020)

Directed by Chinaza Onuzo, "Who's The Boss" follows Liah (Sharon Ooja) , an Advertising Executive who struggles to climb the cooperate ladder while juggling her mean and vindictive boss Hauwa (Funke Akindele- Bello). She takes the advice of her best friend Jumoke (Ini Dima-Okojie) and enlists her friend Lekan (Blossom Chukwujekwu), a known play boy into posing as her boss but ends up falling for him. It doesn't get any more cliche than this. After watching the first teaser for the Inkblot comedy, I was a little intrigued and looked forward to seeing how they were going to pull it off but sadly, it fell short in more ways than one. The biggest issue I had was the lead character and the actress cast to play it. Ooja has been typecast and I thought seeing her as the lead would show us a different side to the actress but my perception of her acting skills are worse than before. There's nothing worth remembering about this story and her acting did nothing to el

Deepwater Horizon

Theatrical Release Poster Deepwater Horizon is a true life movie based on the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig on April 20, 2010 in the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana. The movie starts with us meeting Mike Williams (Mark Wahlberg), his wife Felicia (Kate Hudson) and their daughter. We also meet Andrea Fleytas (Gina Rodriguez) as she's dropped off at the heliport on a bike by her friend. Mike and Andrea meet one of their bosses, Mr. Jimmy (Kurt Russell) at the Heliport. They all board the helicopter and are taken to Deepwater Horizon. At the rig, there's a lot of talk and conversation about the condition of the rig. Caleb Holloway (Dylan O'Brien) and Mike Williams (Mark Wahlberg)  The BP executive, Donald Vidrine (John Malkovich) doesn't support the tests ordered by Mr. Jimmy and some of the employees including Jason Anderson (Ethan Suplee), Caleb Holloway (Dylan O'Brien) and Andrea Fleytas (Gina Rodriguez) are also very concerned about